Project Online Sprint - Project Execution
Project Online offers you a powerful platform to improve your project management execution. The solution supports the full life-cycle from capturing the business case to closing the project all within a single interface and user experience. Project Online is quick to set up and the realization of benefits does not require months of design and analysis.
We have organized the functionality of Project Server into the following, high-level progression from defining the work (business case) to managing the work (project execution). Each of our Project Online Sprints focus on specific components of this progression.
About this Sprint
This offering focuses on improving the capture of a project submission or business case, aligning projects with business strategy and understanding pending resource constraints as shown in the graphic below. The training will prepare portfolio managers and PMO managers with the skills needed to automate the capture of project submissions and review leading to a higher business impact from the project portfolio.
- Capture consistent business cases
- Define a consistent and understood process for project submission
- Align project spending with key business objectives
- Forecast resource constraints
Anticipated Timeline and Activities
Project Execution Sprint Specifics
- Complete up to 7, two hour Requirements and Design Sessions
- Define Governance Workflow in Visio Diagram (maximum of 7 stages and gates). This will be built off of our pre-defined template.
- Define Customer specific Custom Fields for Projects and Resources (maximum 15 fields)
- Define up to 4 Project Detail Pages for the capture of Business Case related data
- Creation of one Enterprise Project Template and Governance workflow using SharePoint Designer (up to 7 stages and gates)
- Deploy pre-built Project Site template
- Deploy pre-built Enterprise Calendar based on official holidays and standard work week
- Deploy out of the box security configuration
- Provide instructions for resource creation and loading
- Provide instructions for importing existing projects and proposals
- Create 3 Key Views in Project Center and 2 in the Resource Center
- Creation of 3 Excel reports using Odata
- One training session for up to 5 Portfolio Managers (2 days)
This Portfolio Management Sprint excludes the following features and functionality. Each can be added for an additional charge.
- Implementation of timesheet functionality
- Creation of custom reports
- Integration with existing business systems including Active Directory
- Training of team members, executives and resource managers
- Training of Project Managers on the use of Project Professional and Project Server
- Portfolio Methodology training
- Custom security groups and settings
- Ongoing support and maintenance
The cost for this Portfolio Management Sprint is $40,000 plus applicable taxes. It is a fixed price project based on the list of deliverables and exclusions outlined above. The budget will be billed in three installments at the beginning, mid-point and conclusion of the Sprint.
Partner Led Trial Contact Information
Agora Consulting Partners Inc.
Why Choose Agora?
Gold Project and Portfolio Management
- City of Saskatoon
- Dundee Wealth
- Maple Leaf Foods
Business Focused Approach
Thought Leadership - Insight Postings
- Workflows in SharePoint Designer
- Microsoft Offers a Myriad of BI Report Authoring Tools
- Never Migrate Again
- It takes a Team to Implement an EPM Solution
- Project Online Implementations
- Growing Trend towards Project Online