Visual Studio Planning Workshop
The Microsoft Visual Studio Planning Workshop is designed to create a roadmap for your organization to migrate or install Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server.
Prior to the workshop we will conduct an analysis of your organization's goals for using Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server and tailor the workshop to meet your goals. We will also assess your organization based on our Application Development Maturity Model.
At the conclusion of the workshop we will deliver a roadmap customized for your organization that describes the information covered in the workshop and a plan for implementing Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server in your organization.
The Migration Planning Workshop is typically three days long and is led by an Agora Senior Consultant who has real-world experience using Visual Studio in their role as lead developer and architect on complex enterprise application development engagements. The session will include extensive insight and examples from actual software development projects.
- Overview of the Workshop
- Review and document existing installation environment
- Run Best Practices Analyzer and review the TFS event logs
- Document any existing errors or problems
- Overview of Visual Studio Ultimate/ Premium
- Team Foundation Server
- Testing with Visual Studio Ultimate
- Architecture with Visual Studio Ultimate
- Development with Visual Studio Ultimate
- Database Management with Visual Studio Ultimate
- Review Existing Team Projects
- Branching Strategies
- Process Templates
- Work Item Usage
- Report Usage
- Build Platforms
Post Workshop Deliverables
- Follow-up Meetings
- Roadmap Draft Review
- Final Presentation of Roadmap
Agora has an active Enterprise Application Development practice and deep experience with software project management tools and methodologies. The workshop will enable your organization to improve your software development processes significantly.
To discuss having Agora deliver a Visual Studio Planning Workshop for your organization please contact Kevin Walker at (416) 304-1338 x12 or firstname.lastname@example.org.